The Office of Research and Development was created on August 1, 2001. Under this Office, there are Academic Development Division, Experimental Animals Committee, Experimental Animals Center, Bio-safety Committee, which deal with issues concerning promotion of academic research and development programs of this University.
- Collect and edit R&D related regulations
- Integrate internal research resources and promote key researches
- Handle interdisciplinary research projects and international cooperation matters.
- Coordinate and sign the academic-industry memorandums and contracts
- Provide and manage the facilities related to animal and bio-safety studies
- Extend and link studies with hospitals
- Build up and update research databases to develop and promote academic research achievements
- Handle the establishment, adjustments, merger, and augmentation of research units.